NEXT RACE on 29/10/2022! (first box starting at 09:30)
Registration will close on 25/10/2022 at 17:59.
This is not a race like the others, in the Wacky Run each runner will compete against his own best time.
The first one to cross the finish line wins!
The activity is free, but you can collaborate through a donation at the moment you get your bib. Thanks to these donations, you’ll be supporting both the PB:running group and the Wacky organization (meetup group expenses, fruits, cups, organization costs,…).
We really encourage you to do so, it is a lot of work to setup everything and this time I (David) am flying from Denmark to make it possible. Being now a tradition, it would be really sad to have to shut it down.
To participate, you must:
- Register yourself on the web (here below) by entering your information: name, a phone number, and email address and your personal best on 10k (or your personal goal if you don’t have any) and fill the par-q below. CHECK THE BOX WITH THE AGREEMENT!
- If you can, provide your best xipgroc time or that of the Strava application.
- As soon as your registration is completed, you will be assigned a starting box. Twenty minutes before the start of the race bibs will be distributed for each box.
Very Important: this is NOT an official event!
- There will be no insurance, medical and / or ambulance services: each runner is responsible for himself.
The Hospital del Mar is very near, but you never know 😉 so you better be sure that you are physically fit and that you are capable to run 10km.
- The road is not cut off to traffic: you have to respect the traffic laws, your own safety and that of third parties, especially in the last part as there will be a great concentration of runners in the last section before the finish line. So be very careful with pedestrians and other runners. This run takes place on a Saturday where the beach front is used by many many users.
You must be 18 years or older to participate!
Wardrobe and safety
There is no wardrobe, you leave any belongings at the start area at your own risk!
Before you attend this race, you MUST fill out this par-q. If you have already filled it out from attending PB:Running classes, then there is no need to do it again.
The route is about 10k. Not official.
The start and the finish point are espigo of the W Hotel in the Barceloneta.
The route is quite straightforward: 5K along the beach of Barceloneta and then back.The turning point is just a little bit over the Mar Bella, where volunteers will photograph you, so we know everyone turned round at the correct point and so that you get a nice photo of you during the race, don’t forget to smile!
Unless it rains, no showers are expected.
There are several fountains along the route, but (at least for now) no water stops are available. At the end we will distribute water and fruit.
What should I bring?
It would be advised to bring along a water bottle, which can be left at the start. Wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Clothing layers can be left at the start finish line at your own risk, however volunteers will be in the area and its not a renowned area for thefts.
The Starting Boxes:
Other races have colours, we have spooky characters (because we have just a black and white print…ehmm, because we are cooler!)
Let’s see in which box you belong: which is your 10k best time in the last 6 months?
-Halloween Pumpkin: over 58 minutes
You cannot run, but you can roll!
-Mummy : 57-55 minutes
You are dead and covered in bandages. Not the fastest thing alive… well, dead.
-Zombie: 54-52 minutes
You are hungry, very hungry… maybe you can catch that monster ahead of you…
-Frankenstein: 51-49 minutes
If only your legs were the same length… hey watch out! That zombie is getting near!
-Ghost: 48-46 minutes
Why someone wrote that number on your best sheet?
You are a beast! What could possibly stop you?
Is riding a broom legal anyway?
-Demon : 39-37
You got a free pass out from hell for this. Better nobody ruins your party!
-Vampire: 36 or less
You can fly. But what if it is a sunny day?
-Unknown Monster: unknown time
No Xipgroc time? No Strava/Endomondo/Runkeeper account? Don’t worry, you can declare a time and start in the corresponding box. You cannot win any prize, though. We will take your time and in the next race we’ll put you in the box you belong to.
Date and time:
Each box will start few minutes before the next one, Pumpkinr being the first.
Saturday 29/10/2022 at 9:30 AM.